Nowadays, several training programs, qualifications and certifications can be taken online and one of which is the Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA). All across Australia, there are training institutions that deliver the course RSA, online or through face-to-face training. These training institutions that are accredited by the proper authorities are properly referred to as Registered Training Organizations (RTOs). Certainly, completing the course doesn’t make much of a difference if you take the RSA online instead of in person.
RSA training programs are delivered by RTOs that underwent several accreditation processes to be an authorized provider of RSA certificates. Every state and territory in Australia is governed by its own liquor authority and RTOs differ in the courses they offer. To ensure that you’ll receive the appropriate certificate that you legally need, do check on the list online provided by the Federal Government’s National Training Information Service (NTIS).
The NTIS is an online source that records all essential information regarding accredited RTOs in Australia. It shows what qualifications and courses they are accredited with, the specific states and territories their training is recognized, what they are entitled to perform, etc.
Since each state and territory has its own liquor authority, RSA requirements also differ. These liquor authorities generally provide a list of RTOs recognized by the governing authorities to provide RSA training and certificate for their own state and territory. You may access this information online as well. As soon as you ensured that your RTO of choice is able to provide you with the appropriate RSA certificate that you need in your state or where you intend to work, you may now take note of the advantages of completing the RSA online.
- You can go through the course and take it at your own preferred pace. Most RTOs that provide RSA online courses allow their trainees to complete the course in different sessions. You may go through the course an hour every after working hour, and finish the rest on the weekend, etc. RSA online courses are specifically designed to be flexible and versatile in order to meet the needs of those who are pressed with time and those who are staying outside of Australia who intend to venture in the world of alcohol industry.
- You can complete your RSA online training any time of the day, any day of the week and anywhere in the world you may be as long as you have access to a computer, internet and printer. RSA online gives you the privilege to undergo the course even if you are at work, at the office, school, on vacation or even at beach. You can easily fit your RSA training in between your commitments.
- You’ll save a lot of time, money and efforts. Upon searching for an RTO that delivers RSA online training, you can probably notice that the cost of RSA online training is cheaper than the one delivered through face-to-face sessions. In RSA online, miscellaneous fees are eliminated. You are not to be charged with the costs used for printed learning materials, room hire, and wage of you facilitator or trainer. Also, you don’t have to pay for additional transportation, parking, speeding, and making up for the absences for missing a day of training.
- Retention of the course content is faster and easier since it is self-directed.
- As soon as you finish the training and pass the assessment examination, you are now a certified beholder of the Responsible Service of Alcohol. You can also print out your RSA online Certificate right away.